Proposals received during the week as a possible start for the Short Story Contest
IV MICRO-STORY COMPETITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE
Part One: "A Good Beginning"
ADULT CATEGORY – IN SPANISH:
47. 'I know they accuse me of arrogance, and perhaps of misanthropy, and perhaps of madness” Story The house of Asterion from El Aleph, Jorge Luis Borges.
48. 'For some strange reason I had made up my mind that the day my soul would die” The Lost Angel, Javier Sierra.
49. 'A week ago, my grandmother hugged me without tears at the airport. Maya's notebook, Isabel Allende.
50 “The place where she huddled was dark, but the little girl did as she was told” The Forgotten Garden, Kate Morton.
51. 'The ghosts that followed her stayed behindImpostures, John Banville.
52. 'It was useless, nothing equaled the flavor of life that is in the booksDifficult loves, Italo Calvino.
53. 'There is a constant challenge between heaven and earthly interestsEugénie Grandet, Honore de Balzac.
54. 'Silence has long been our most frequent conversation"The Silence of the Tartars, Dino Buzzati.
55. 'One of the advantages of this world is being able to hate and be hated without knowing each other.” The bride and groom, Alessandro Manzoni
56. 'Traveling was his way of getting drunk. Thus, the flight became his homeland"Escape and End of Joseph Roth, Soma Morgenstern.
57. 'If people laugh at you for being innocent and sincere, then this world has no solution.Botchan, Natsume Soseki.
58. 'Because, no matter how you looked at it, last night she had him crucified” Dream story, Arthur Schnitzler.
59. 'Don't stay there. Come on, come in, we're all here.” The dark room, Isaac Rosa.
60. “My optic nerve pulled the parking brake” Dies Irae, Cesar Perez Gellida.
61. "One day in August, perhaps still July, perhaps in early September" Inés and joy, Almudena Grandes.
62 "The colonel uncovered the coffee pot and found that there was no more than a teaspoon." The colonel has no one to write to him, Gabriel García Márquez.
ADULT CATEGORY – IN ENGLISH:
12. 'It began one day in summer about 30 years ago, and it happened to four children.Half Magic, Edward Eager.
13 "Call me Ishmael" Moby-Dick or The Whale, Herman Melville.
14. 'Mr Jones, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen houses for the night, but was too drunk to shut the pop-holesAnimal Farm, George Orwell.
CHILDREN/JUNIOR CATEGORY – IN SPANISH:
1. "It was a harsh winter day and the snowflakes were falling like white feathers.” Snow White, Brothers Grimm.
CHILDREN/JUVENILE CATEGORY – IN ENGLISH:
1. “The sun did not shine it was too wet to play so we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day” The Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss.
DELIVERY DEADLINE FROM “A GOOD START” to firstname.lastname@example.org until November 15, 2013.
One winner per category will be selected from among all the proposals received, who will receive as a prize a set of books from the Siruela publishing house, editorial collaborator of the contest.
See more details at: