Reading Zines: Graphic Novel Family Book Club for Tweens – Book of the month: January 2020
We hope you have enjoyed the great story for this month “The Last Kids on Earth” by Max Brallier y Douglas Holgate.
We share some of the questions that we want to discuss about it during the first part of the activity:
- This is a post-apocalyptic novel. What does it means?
- Why does Jack Sullivan live in his tree house?
- Discuss the theme of teamwork in this story.
- Describe Jack’s team. What is their mission?
- If you were stuck in a tree house trying to protect from zombies, what is one item you would want to have with you? Why?
- Discuss the problem and solution of this story.
- Who do you think the scariest creature in the book is? Whay did you pick that creature?
- Predict what will happen in the sequel to this story.
- How would you change the story if you were the author?
- Whould you recommend this book to a friend? why or why not?
Choose your favorite character from the story and desing an image that represent him/her. We’ll make a badge using it during the next session.